- 95 covered indoor bike racks for residents.
- Water efficient flow and flush fixtures. SOVA on Grant is targeting a savings of 41% of total indoor potable water usage. This is equivalent to an estimated 2,953,857 gallons saved annually.
- LED lighting, high performance glazing, and efficient HVAC systems and appliances. SOVA on Grant has targeted an estimated 23% energy cost savings compared to a code-compliant building. The building also does not use refrigerants that deplete the ozone layer.
- SOVA on Grant is purchasing at least 15% of all materials to contain recycled content as well as extracted, processed, and manufactured within 500 miles of the site. A recycling waste program has also been provided for tenants to encourage responsible waste diversion.
- To ensure superior indoor air quality, SOVA on Grant has chosen to use low or no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings, flooring systems, composite wood and agrifiber products throughout the building. Reduces indoor air contaminates that are odorous, irritating and/or harmful to the comfort and well-being of installers and occupants.
- HVAC systems and the building’s envelope have been designed to meet the requirements of ASHRAE 55-2004, “Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy” to provide a comfortable thermal environment that promotes occupant productivity and wellbeing.